Monday, August 25, 2008

Feels Like Finals Week!

I say that only because Nate and I have so many doctors appointments scheduled this week and I had one last week already. So many tests that it feels like finals week! :)

This morning I popped in to the doctor for more blood work. She wanted to do another TSH (thyroid check) because my last blood work came back low for TSH. That means that my thyroid is a little OVER active and would require a lower dose of medication. My doctor wanted to test it again just to make sure that lowering my prescription is the right thing. When I was first diagnosed w/hypo thyroid (UNDER active thyroid), my TSH was SUPER high. That's why she's questioning lowering my dose. She also did a progesterone test which is the hormone that your body needs to produce a lot of to support the inner lining of the uterus when you are pregnant. (your body produces lots of this near the end of your cycle and if you are not pregnant then your inner lining sheds and Aunt Flow comes a knocking) She said that doing this test can MAYBE give us a better idea if I COULD be pregnant... So nerve-racking! :) I'm supposed to get all the results tomorrow and will not be able to take a pregnancy test until Sunday; granted my period doesn't show up.

THEN, on Wednesday, Nate and I both have physicals for the adoption process. (yes, we are doing that also) Nate ALSO has his little "test" that same day. Poor kid. :) This is how he quotes it: (it's a little gross, so don't read it if you think it might make you uncomfortable) "I get to go early in the morning to get felt up and then a couple hours later I have to do it in a cup." HA! I think he is so funny!!! BIG DAY for Nate! What a sweetheart to go through all of this for me and our little family.

So I'm hoping we pass all of our tests this week w/flying colors!

Never Giving Up,

Halley

1 comment:

Kimi said...

Oh my gosh Halley! I am so hoping and praying for you! When do you get to take the test? On the 1st? Well, good luck and I can't wait to hear the results.